We have been informed by the Department of Home Affairs that the following key services will be rendered during lockdown alert level 1, with effect from 21 September 2020:
1. IMMIGRATION SERVICES:
The Branch will avail the following services during the relevant lockdown period:
- Frontline services at commercial Ports of Entry, including the three (3) main International Airports (OR Tambo, King Shaka and Cape Town); and
- Inspectorate will resume normal / full operations.
The DHA’s service delivery continuity amidst covid-19, alert level 1, with effect from 21 September 2020:
- Refugee Reception Centres remain closed during this period;
- Asylum Seeker Management’s (ASM) Management and Centre Management (Assistant Director and above), will continue normal operations from Head Office;
- Port Control Operations Centre will maintain normal operations from its usual Departmental workstation;
- Permit Adjudication will maintain normal operations from its usual Departmental workstation in respect of the processing of Temporary Residence Visas (TRVs). Permanent Residence Permits (PRPs) will maintain the working arrangements which applied during COVID Alert Level 3;
- VISA Facilitation Services (VFS) will resume operations for the processing of Temporary Residence Visas (TRV’s);
- VISA application processing at foreign missions will resume normal operations; and
- Immigration Support – all management functions will continue as prescribed, rendered both remotely as well as from the Department’s premises.
2. CIVIC SERVICES:
Civic Services will avail the following services during the relevant lockdown period. Staff working rotational shifts will render services from 8:00 to 16:00, Mondays to Fridays, with public operating hours of 8:30 to 15:30:
- Registration of birth (including Late registration of birth);
- Registration of death;
- Application and Issuance of all Identity Document / Certificate types;
- Application and Issuance of all Passports types;
- Registration and Solemnization of marriages;
- Applications for amendments of personal particulars;
- Applications for rectification of personal particulars; and
- Back office records retrieval services.
3. We are instructed that VFS will resume their operations by accepting certain applications with effect from 22 September 2020 and will adhere strictly to the following directions issued by the DHA:
- All documents must be current and valid at the time of submission. No expired documents will be accepted;
- The current directive will be extended to 31 January 2021 to facilitate the submission of applications and to ensure that foreigners remain legal in the Republic;
- No TRV or PR appeals are accepted at the time; and
- All Embassies will regain full function as of 1 October 2020. Applicants are therefore able to acquire new passport documents and apply for new police clearance certificates.