Regulations as Revised by the Minister of Home Affairs on 24 August 2020
As the country enters alert Level 2, the following services will be rendered by the Department of Home Affairs during this time:
- applications for first issue of Identity Card or Green Bar -coded Identity Document;
- applications for Identity Cards or Green Bar -coded Identity Documents by persons who have been issued with a Temporary Identity Certificate during the national state of disaster, which certificates have expired;
- applications for amendments of personal particulars;
- applications for rectification of personal particulars; and
- back Office records retrieval services.”
In addition, all Temporary Identity Certificates issued during the national lockdown that have not yet expired on the date of commencement of the recent Directions, are extended up to 31 October 2020.
As you will note from the Directions (click here) visa and/or permit applications may still not be submitted and/or processed. Notwithstanding the aforesaid, the DHA does seem to be processing pending status applications. We are accordingly following up on all pending applications and will continue to notify our clients as outcomes become available.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via email should you require any further assistance.
With our kind and personal regards.