The information displayed on our website is provided for general information purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice from any lawyer or representative of our firm.
Professional advice should therefore be sought before any action is taken based on the information displayed on this website.
DSD Immigration Attorneys does not claim any responsibility for positions taken without due consultation and no person shall have any claim of any nature whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with, the contents of this website against DSD Immigration Attorneys and/or any of its directors and/or employees.
We at DSD Immigration Attorneys respect your right to privacy.
For any comments or queries relating to this policy, please feel free to contact our office at email@example.com
The personal information we collect
We collect, amongst others, the following personal information:
- personal details, such as your name, email address or telephone number;
- billing information, such as relevant payment information and VAT registration number; and
- legally required information, which includes any additional information that the law requires from us to verify your identity.
How we collect personal information
- Directly from you when you use our website or any of our services or if we request it from you.
- In limited instances, we collect personal information from third parties. We will only collect personal information this way where such information is publicly available or for legitimate business purposes.
Use of your personal information
We may use your personal information for any legitimate business purposes relating to our services and/or business activities. Some of the purposes for which we use your personal information include:
- responding to your queries posted on our website or emailed to us;
- onboarding you as a client and verifying your identity (as required by law);
- providing you with our services;
- referring you to other service providers with your consent;
- improving our website and services by analysing certain information collected, including cookies and other related information;
- sending you information (in the form of a newsletter or other communique received from our office) and inviting you to events; and/or
- complying with our regulatory or other obligations.
Sharing your personal information?
We will only share your personal information for purposes of providing services to you or any other legitimate business purpose relating to our business activities, including but not limited to, the protection of our or your rights, complaints, marketing, or enforcing any agreement between us.
Where required for our business operations, we may share your personal information with our service providers. We only share information with service providers after we enter into an agreement with the service provider to regulate the way in which the personal information will be secured.
Where the law requires us to do so, we may also share your personal information with third party service providers, agents, contractors, employees, law enforcement agencies or business affiliates. We will only share your personal information in these instances where it is necessary for us to do so and only to the extent that your personal information is needed for such third parties to perform their services or obligations.
Will we send your personal information trans-border?
We may transfer your information cross border for our legitimate business purposes, such as for cloud storage and for our billing practices. All information transfers will comply with the applicable laws.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected. We protect and manage personal information that we hold about you by using electronic and computer safeguards like firewalls, data encryption, and physical and electronic access control to our buildings. We only authorise access to personal information to those employees who require it to fulfil their designated responsibilities.
Links on our website
We may include links to other third party websites which do not fall under our supervision. We cannot accept any responsibility for your privacy or the content of these websites, but we display these links to make it easier for you to find information about specific subjects.
Right to object
You may, on reasonable grounds, object to us using your personal information. If you object, we will stop using your personal information, except if the law allows its use.
Lodging a complaint
If you believe we are using your personal information unlawfully, please let us know first (on firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 418 3188). If you are dissatisfied with the manner in which we handle your complaint, you may lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator (South Africa) with the following contact details:
- Website: https://www.justice.gov.za/inforeg/index.html.
- Address: SALU Building, 316 Thabo Sehume Street, Pretoria.
- Contact number: 012 406 4818.
- Fax number: 086 500 3351.
- Email: email@example.com.
If you are in the European Union or the United Kingdom, the following details may be used for the relevant regulatory authority.
|GDPR||The European Commission||
Address: European Commission, Secretary-General
B-1049 Brussels, BELGIUM
|The independent Data Protection Authority (“DPA“) per member state||Website listing all DPA’s per member state: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm|
|Data Protection Act, 1998 (UK)||The Information Commissioner’s Office||
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Children’s personal information and special personal information
We do not intentionally collect or use personal information of children (persons under the age of 18 years), unless with express consent of a parent or guardian or if the law otherwise allows or requires us to process such personal information.
Quality and access to your personal information
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct any personal information that you think is inaccurate or request us to remove your information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to request us to provide you with personal information that we hold about you. You must contact us directly to do so or send an email to email@example.com.
Retention of Information
We will report any security breach to the Information Regulator and to the individuals or companies involved. If you want to report any concerns about our privacy practices or if you suspect any breach regarding your personal information, kindly notify us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.